A violent turf war erupted between rival groups in Shariatpur’s Zajira Upazila, where helmeted men were seen hurling crude bombs from red buckets in an open field.
The dramatic scene unfolded Saturday morning in the Durba Danga area of Bilaspur Union, resembling something out of a war movie. Men, wearing helmets and carrying red buckets, were seen pulling out explosives and launching them at their rivals.
The blasts from the bombs were deafening, with thick smoke spreading across the field.
A 15-second video capturing the clash quickly went viral on Facebook.
Zajira Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Dulal Akhand confirmed the incident and said it took place early Saturday. So far, no injuries have been reported.
“Police rushed to the scene after receiving the news and brought the situation under control,” he said.
Local residents informed police that the clash stemmed from a long-running feud between supporters of Bilaspur Union Parishad Chairman Kuddus Bepari and Jubo League leader Jalil Madbar.
The two groups have reportedly clashed multiple times in the past over establishing local dominance.
This latest outbreak of violence was sparked by a minor altercation that quickly escalated into a large-scale confrontation.
Over 100 crude bombs were reportedly detonated, triggering fear throughout the community.
The viral video shows both sides facing off in the field. Several individuals can be seen pulling what appeared to be homemade bombs from red buckets, resulting in thunderous explosions and plumes of smoke.
Efforts to reach both Kuddus and Jalil for comment were unsuccessful as their phones were switched off.
OC Dulal added that the situation has since been brought under control and that further legal action is being pursued.